eARC Review: The Mutt for Me by Don Hughes

 Thank you to River Grove Books for the opportunity to review this advance copy! 

I LOVED this book. It was a really quick read, but so wholesome, and heartwarming. As an animal shelter volunteer myself, I appreciated the "realness" and the actual picture of what shelters are like. As an adopter of 3 rescue dogs, and 1 rescue Carolina Dog from Mesa, AZ myself, I felt this book. It shook me. It was an accurate look at how difficult it is to raise a rescue dog, but also how rewarding it can be. The author unravels how Barbie went from a shaking scared dog, to one that is comfortable at doggy day care and hogs the bed. I would recommend this book to anyone who as a misconception about adopting rescue dogs. Yes, they have their quirks, but with the right amount of love and attention, they're just as good (and let's be real, usually better behaved) as designer or bred dogs. 5 Stars. This is going on my bookshelf. 

Comments